Our medical professionals employ a wide range of proven techniques for each individual case. Below, you’ll find a brief explanation of the popular chiropractic techniques we use at our practice.
The Thompson Technique
developed by Dr. J. Clay Thompson, has evolved into a system of analysis and means of adjusting the spinal cord. The combination produces precise adjustment.
The primary purpose of Trigger Point Therapy is to reduce the pain that results from hypersensitive muscles. Trigger points are identified by gently pressing on the surface of the skin, sensing the texture of the underlying muscle.
A trigger point is like a knot the size of a pea, buried deep in the muscle tissue. It is made up of lactic acid, a normal byproduct of muscular activity, which sometimes gets trapped in the muscle from physical, chemical or emotional stress.
This technique makes use of specialized drop-piece mechanisms in the table to assist the adjustment. Individual cushions or “drop pieces” located along the table support each area of the spine until the thrust is given. Then, each drop-piece gently gives way, reducing the pressure needed to move a specific spinal segment.
Our office employs many physical therapy modalities, including ultrasound, electrical muscle stimulation and Cold Laser Light Therapy to complement our other techniques.
The Benefits Of Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.